Alex George appointed mental health ambassador for children and young people
- A&E doctor and ex-Love Islander Alex George has been appointed by Prime Minister Boris Johnson as youth mental health ambassador for the government
- He will “shape policy” and advise on how best to support young people in his role, Downing Street said
- In a post to his 1.7 million Instagram followers, Alex wrote: “Never has mental health been as important as now…mental health matters”
- The Prime Minister said the focus of Alex’s role will be on children and young people’s mental health, saying they’ve “heroically adapted” in the pandemic.
- For the full story, select here
- To learn more about helping young people with their mental health, be sure to watch our recent interview with Koulla Yiasouma, Commissioner for Children and Young People in Northern Ireland, here