A man who offered a 14-year-old boy a Belfast hotel stay caught by undercover police
- A man who is grandad to 24 offered a ‘14-year-old boy’ a trip to McDonald’s in exchange for a hotel stay.
- The offender wanted to take a child for a McDonald’s and to the cinema and planned on sexually abusing him in a hotel in Belfast.
- The 61-year-old started speaking to ‘Mark’ on Chatiw in 2019 but didn’t realise it was actually an undercover police officer.
- In sickening messages, Griffiths said he wanted to ‘kiss and cuddle’ the ‘schoolboy’ before performing sex acts on each other, which he described in graphic detail.
- When officers went to his address they discovered child sex abuse images, which included an image of a 12-month-old baby being raped, in the offenders possession.
- For the full story, select here