School abuse: ‘Rape culture’ allegations are ‘shocking’, says Williamson
- Allegations of sexual abuse made by school pupils on a website are “shocking and abhorrent” Education Secretary Gavin Williamson has said.
- No school should be a place “where young people feel unsafe” or where abuse can take place, he added.
- Mr Williamson pledged to take “appropriate action” and urged victims to tell someone they trust.
- The website ‘Everyone’s Invited’ has recorded 8,000 testimonies of sexual abuse from pupils.
- It was set up last year as a place where victims can post anonymous accounts of the abuse they had suffered.
- For the full story, select here.