Clubhouse comes to Android after more than a year of iOS exclusivity
- After more than a year of iOS exclusivity, social audio platform Clubhouse is releasing its Android app.
- It will be available in beta on Google’s mobile Operating System today in the US, allowing users to sign up and participate in its audio-only chat rooms.
- “Our plan over the next few weeks is to collect feedback from the community, fix any issues we see and work to add a few final features like payments and club creation before rolling it out more broadly,” the company said in a blog post.
- The Android app, which the company says has been the top request from its community by far, will roll out to other English-speaking markets and the rest of the world in the days and weeks ahead, the company said.
- Users outside the US will be able to pre-register for access via the Clubhouse page in the Google Play store, to be notified when the Android app is available in their area.
- For the full story, select here.