Thursday 3rd of June 2021
Researchers identify 80 specific online harms
- Researchers at the University of Glasgow have identified 80 ‘distinct’ online harms facing policy-makers as they grapple with new ways to regulate tech platforms.
- The analysis was conducted by academics exploring the range of issues to consider from eight tech industry government and parliamentary reports and inquiries over the past 18 months.
- Their work has fed into a new high-level research report conducted as part of the Arts & Humanities Research Council Creative Industries Policy and Evidence Centre.
- The reports, published between September 2018 – February 2020, dealt with issues such as online harms, cybercrime, and the regulation of social media platforms.
- For the full story, select here.