Tuesday 8th of June 2021
Sex offender targeted 2,000 victims online
- A “sadistic paedophile” targeted almost 2,000 victims online, blackmailing them into sending him degrading images of themselves and abusing others.
- Abdul Elahi, of Birmingham, also ran encrypted digital “master classes to train paedophiles” to avoid detection, the National Crime Agency (NCA) said.
- At Birmingham Crown Court, he admitted 158 offences against 79 victims.
- The NCA said it was “some of the most sickening sexual offending” it had seen and that the scale was “industrial”.
- Detectives, who believe there are many more victims, said the 26-year-old would operate by targeting people across the world on so-called ‘sugar daddy’ websites, promising thousands for posed images
- “The extent of the offences is almost unheard of…” said CPS prosecutor Sarah Ingram. “This level of depravity is shocking and will impact the victims for their whole lives.”
- For the full story, select here.