Thursday 10th of June 2021
Ofsted warns that sexual harassment is becoming ‘normalised’ among children
- Sexual harassment has become “normalised” among school-age children, a report by the watchdog Ofsted warns.
- Students often do not see the point of reporting abuse and many teachers underestimate the scale of these problems, the schools watchdog says.
- Boys are sharing “nudes”, while some girls have experienced “unwanted touching in corridors”.
- Women’s groups are calling for school staff to be trained to change the culture and for a UK government taskforce.
- Ministers say schools and colleges will be encouraged to dedicate training days to help staff deal with sexual abuse.
- For the full story, select here.