Tuesday 15th of June 2021
Self-harm warning signs can appear decade earlier
- Early warning signs of self-harm can appear in children almost a decade before it starts, say researchers.
- The team at the University of Cambridge found two distinct groups that were more likely to damage themselves.
- The first included those who struggle to control their emotions, and the second featured youngsters more willing to take risks than others their age.
- The findings may mean there is a large window of opportunity to improve children’s mental health.
- For the full story, select here.