Wednesday 23rd of June 2021
Fears over forced marriages as travel restrictions ease
- A woman who was “pawned off like cattle” into a forced marriage by her dad said it was “absolutely horrific”.
- Sara (not her real name) was 19 when she went with her family to Pakistan for her older sister’s wedding but once there, learnt she was also to be married.
- One charity has warned there could be a spike in cases as international travel restrictions ease and the UK Border Force should be “on alert”.
- UK Border Force said it trains officers in protecting vulnerable people.
- Sara, from south Wales, said that years later she was still affected by what happened.
- For the full story, select here.