Friday 9th of July
Met officers given misconduct notices over disappearance of Richard Okorogheye
- Two Metropolitan police officers have been given misconduct notices over potential failings in the disappearance of teenager Richard Okorogheye.
- The student, 19, went missing after leaving his home in Ladbroke Grove, west London, on 22 March.
- His body was discovered in a lake 20 miles away in Epping Forest, Essex, just over a week later.
- The officers may have failed to pass on “new and relevant information” to staff making missing person assessments, the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) said, after investigating.
- For the full story, select here.