NSPCC school sex abuse phone line receives more than 600 calls in 4-month period
- More than 600 people have placed to report sex abuse in schools in the four months since it was set up
- The NSPCC phone line received an average of 150 calls a months after its establishment following the thousands of testimonies posted on Everyone’s Invited website. You can check out our outline of Everyone’s Invited, here.
- 114 calls were referred to external agencies, including the police and social services.
- The NSPCC reported that practitioners were providing advice for a variety of issues related to sexual abuse and exploitation, including harmful sexual behaviour, peer-on-peer abuse, and historic abuse.
- The full story can be accessed here.