Discord, DLive, Steam and Twitch’s far-right communities
- Research published by the Institute for Strategic Dialogue (ISD) has found that several major gaming platforms play host to extremist activity.
- Since the online harassment campaign known as Gamergate, this investigation has uncovered various kinds of extremist activity, from racially abusive livestreams to open support for neo-Nazi terrorists.
- The ISD investigated four platforms: Steam, Discord, DLive and Twitch.
- It found 24 far-right chat servers on Discord, 45 public groups associated with far-right group on Steam, 100 far-right channels on DLive and 91 channels and 73 videos on Twitch.
- All of these were publicly accessible as ISD didn’t have access to any private chats or groups requiring passwords.
- Full story, here.