Facebook is expanding its plans to put less politics in the News Feed
- Facebook is expanding an experiment that aims to reduce political content on the News Feed to four new countries
- The platform says it’s seen “positive results” in reducing this content for some users in a handful of countries.
- The platform plans to emphasise “inspiring and uplifting” content.
- In a previous blog post in February, the company revealed positive results for its first wave of these experiments in Canada, Brazil, the US, and Indonesia and is now expanding the test to Costa Rica, Sweden, Spain, and Ireland.
- This experiment follows heated debates over what kinds of interactions matter most on Facebook and findings that political (and largely right-wing) content dominates people’s interactions on the platform.
- Full story, here.