Mastercard joins Internet Watch Foundation in fight to keep internet safe
- The new partnership between the Internet Watch Foundation (IWF) and financial services giant Mastercard will help improve internet safety at a critical moment.
- Mastercard has joined the IWF as part of a broader stance against the spread of unauthorised and illegal content.
- In addition, a financial donation was made by Mastercard to support the IWF’s efforts to find and remove child sexual exploitation material from the internet.
- Mastercard has also recently extended standards for merchants who sell adult content.
- These standards require clear consent from anyone featured in images and controls in place to monitor, block and, where necessary, take down all content as appropriate.
- Full story, here.