Update on review into peer-on-peer sexual harassment in Welsh educational settings
- Inspectors will visit schools in Wales, stating in late September and early October, with a report to be published in December 2021.
- The review was requested by the Minister for Education and Welsh Language, Jeremy Miles, in June 2021.
- Estyn, the education, and training inspectorate for Wales, was asked to review the incidence of peer-on-peer sexual harassment and how culture and processes in schools encourage and empower pupils to report all forms of sexual harassment.
- Inspectors from Care Inspectorate Wales (CIW) are also due to contribute to the visits to independent schools.
- The review will be based on school visits, pupil questionnaires and interviews with agencies that work with children, young people and support schools. A comprehensive review of research, guidance and toolkits available to support victims, perpetrators and school staff will be undertaken.
- Full story, here.