(Please note this story contains graphic descriptions and sensitive material that readers may find upsetting)
- A father and his partner have been found guilty of the killing of six-year-old Arthur Labinjo-Hughes.
- Arthur was tortured by Thomas Hughes and Emma Tustin, eventually dying of a head injury in Solihull in June 2020 while in the care of his stepmother.
- Arthur was subjected to abuse, neglect, starvation, coercive control, and severe punishment regimes.
- Serious questions are being asked of the authorities which could have intervened to save Arthur.
- A review by social services is currently under way and the Independent Office for Police Conduct is also examining whether opportunities were missed by police.
- Watch our CEO Jim Gamble, discussing the case, here.
- Full story, here.
Social media a ‘conveyor belt’ for child abuse images
Increase in crimes involving indecent images of children recorded in North Wales