(Please note this story contains graphic descriptions and sensitive material that readers may find upsetting)
- Savannah Brockhill, partner of Star Hobson’s mother, Frankie Smith, has been found guilty of the murder of the 16-month-old.
- Smith was also found guilty of causing and allowing the toddler’s death – the pair will be sentenced today.
- Star was gradually isolated from her loving family members and subjected to severe physical abuse, coercive control, and psychological torture.
- Star eventually died of her injuries in September 2021 in her mother’s flat in West Yorkshire.
- A joint statement has been issues by the Bradford Safeguarding Partnership and A Local Child Safeguarding Practice Review is due to be published in January 2022.
- Full story, here.