Teacher and partner jailed after they filmed themselves abusing girl
(Please note this story contains graphic descriptions and sensitive material that readers may find upsetting)
- A deputy headteacher and her partner have been jailed for child sexual abuse offences.
- They filmed themselves abusing and raping a girl, who was under 13 years old.
- She was also head of safeguarding at a primary school in Wigan.
- She was sentenced to 13 years and four months in prison after she pleaded guilty to multiple charges including 18 child sexual abuse offences.
- Her partner was sentenced to 6 years for 34 offences for various charges including seven counts of raping a child under 13 and possessing and distributing indecent photographs of a child.
- Both were given indefinite sexual harm prevention orders and will sign the sex offender register for life.
- Full story, here.
Social media may be forced to open to academics under a new openness bill
16,000 UK children could be exposed to domestic abuse at Christmas