Messenger gets new shortcuts for silent replies
- Messenger is introducing silent replies which will allows users to send messages without notifying other users.
- Users can type ‘/silent’ to send a message silently.
- Messenger also announced that more updates are coming in the next few weeks, including a shortcut for GIFs and to send or request money directly in chat.
- You can read the full story on The Verge’s website.
Call for porn sites to voluntarily introduce age verification
- Child safety groups have urged pornography websites to introduce age verification tools voluntarily to better protect children from harmful content.
- The open letter asks porn websites to change their content standards to meet the British Board of Film Classification’s ratings for violent and pornographic content.
- The organisations argue that porn websites feature depictions that meet the definition of criminal standards for sexual violence.
- You can read the full story on the Barnardo’s website.
Businesses urged to boost cyber standards following cyberattacks
- A new report shows that organisations are reporting more cyber-attacks and breaches in the last 12 months.
- Almost one in three businesses (31%) and over a quarter of charities (26%) report breaches or attacks at least once a week.
- Businesses and charities are being urged to strengthen cyber security practices as attacks seem to be increasing.
- You can read the full story on the GOV.UK’s website
Esports players ‘facing same mental health pressures’ as other athletes
- Researchers at the universities of Winchester and Chichester found that professional video-gamers experience the same mental health pressures as other athletes.
- Esports players experienced stress, sleep problems, burnout, social phobia, and anxiety at the same rate as players of other sports like football.
- The study provides evidence to support the mental well-being of esports players by highlighting stressors such as personal concerns and in-game pressures.
- You can read the full story on the University of Chichester website.