Instagram will begin testing NFTs
- Instagram will begin testing non-fungible tokens (NFTs) on the platform this week for a group of creators and collectors in the US.
- A feature with “similar functionality” was also teased as coming soon for Facebook.
- Creators and collections will be able to display NFTs on their feed, stories and in messages with NFT details being displayed as “digital collectibles”.
- You can read the full story on The Verge’s website.
UK cybersecurity unit tackles record number of online scams in 2021
- The National Cyber Security (NCSC) has reported a reported a record crackdown on internet scams after tackling more than 2.7 million attempted frauds in 2021.
- The NCSC interrupted scams including fake celebrity endorsements and extortion emails.
- The agency highlights that the increase in detection reflected aggressive targeting rather than an increase in scams.
- You can read the full story on The Guardian’s website.
TikTok rolls out new ‘Friends’ tab replacing current ‘Discover’ tab
- TikTok is rolling out a new ‘Friends’ tab at the bottom menu of the app, replacing the current ‘Discover’ tab.
- The ‘Friends’ tab will roll out to more users in the coming weeks and allow them to find content from users they’ve connected with.
- If users don’t have friends on TikTok, they will be prompted to connect friends using contacts or through Facebook.
- The page will also suggest accounts that a user may know.
- You can read the full story on Tech Crunch’s website.