Twitter has a new ‘crisis misinformation’ policy
- Twitter has announced a new policy for dealing with misinformation during periods of crisis.
- They are establishing new standards for gating and blocking the promotion of certain tweets if they are spreading misinformation.
- The new policy puts scrutiny on the false reporting of events, false allegations involving weapons or use of force or broad misinformation relating to atrocities or international response.
- Tweets may not be deleted or banned, but instead a warning label with a ‘click to view’ button will be in place, much like the current method for explicit content.
- You can read the full story on the Verge’s website.
Google Play Store now tags Android apps with accessibility features
- Following Global Accessibility Awareness Day, Google is making it easier to find accessible Android apps in the play store.
- The ‘a11y’ tags will make it easier to easily find apps with accessibility features.
- They will appear underneath the ‘about this app’ section and can be tapped to see a list of other categorised applications, including screen reader-friendly and virtual assistance.
- You can read the full story on the 9 to 5 Google‘s website.
Snapchat launches new option to display eBay listings
- Snapchat has announced a new integration with eBay which allows users to share eBay listings within Snaps and Snap stories.
- The listing will appear as a sticker that is overlayed on the posts.
- It is another step towards eCommerce for the shop, which is also integrating an expanded range of AR shopping tools, shoppable Bitmoji digital items and enhanced product listings.
- You can read the full story on the Social Media Today’s website.
TikTok reportedly plans a ‘major push’ into gaming
- TikTok is testing games for the app in Vietnam ahead of a ‘major push’ into gaming.
- The plans show that TikTok plan on introducing ad-supported games, drawing from the library of its parent company, ByteDance.
- The introduction of games could boost revenue and increase the amount of time users spend on TikTok.
- You can read the full story on The Verge’s website.