Screen time of primary school children went up by 84 minutes a day during Pandemic
- A review by the Anglia Ruskin University found that the sharp increase in screen time has been associated with poor eye health, an increase in anxiety and behavioural problems such as aggression.
- This increase was most noticeable in children ages 6 to 10.
- The review was an analysis of 89 studies in countries such as UK, Australia and the US.
- For more on this story, please visit the Guardian Website.
Instagram tests a new feature to quickly share notes with friends
- Instagram is testing a new feature that will allow users to post disappearing content.
- The feature will be called ‘Notes’ and it will allow users to post quick notes to their ‘close friends’ circle or to followers who also follow them.
- This will work like sticky notes which disappear within 24 hours.
- Users will be able to reply to notes via messages.
- Read more about the new feature on the Tech Crunch website.
iOS 16 will let you report spam SMS messages
- According to MacRumours, spam text messages will be included in the reporting feature in the beta version of iOS 16.
- Users will be able to flag messages as spam, which will send the number and content of the message to Apple and the mobile network.
- The official version of iOS 16 is expected to be released this autumn.
- For more on this story, please visit the Engadget website.
Police in Rotherham fail victims of child exploitation
- An investigation by the Independent Office for Police Conduct into 200 allegation of police failures relating to Child Sexual Exploitation has ‘let down victims and survivors.’
- The report revealed that it was ‘catalogued’ how victims were seen as ‘consenting’ to their abuse.
- Ultimately, the investigation concluded that officers in Rotherham were unaware and unable to deal with offences of Child Sexual Abuse and Exploitation.
- For more details on this story, please go to the Scotsman website.