Replacing social media use with exercise found to improve mental health
- Spending 30 minutes less on social media daily and engaging in physical activity can significantly improve mental health according to a new study from the Journal of Public Health.
- Those assessed stated they felt happier, more satisfied, and less depressed than the control group.
- Read more about this study on the Independent’s website.
Children’s TV show Peppa Pig introduces its first lesbian couple
- Children’s show Peppa Pig has added a lesbian couple to its cast of characters for the first time.
- A character called Penny the polar bear introduces her two mothers.
- Viewers have taken to social media to praise the decision to show an LGBT+ family for the first time in the show’s history.
- Find the full story on the Independent’s website.
Four homes for autistic people rated inadequate in Cornwall
- Four residential care homes for people with autism and learning disabilities in Cornwall have been rated inadequate.
- Provider, ‘Spectrum,’ was told by the Care Quality Commission to make immediate improvements, with residents and staff exposed at “risk of harm”.
- Spectrum has said they were doing everything they can to provide high quality care.
- Find out more on the BBC’s website.
Kent Police dealt with 38 revenge porn reports from under 18s in 2021
- Statistics from Kent Police have found 38 reports of revenge porn made to them last year had victims who were under 18.
- This year, there have been 14 reports made – five children were aged between 12 and 14 and the rest were over 15.
- Since the law came into force, there have been 146 reports where the alleged victim was under 18.
- You can read more on the Isle of Thanet News website.