Diet ‘coaches’ body-shaming young people
- The Sunday People have uncovered many potentially dangerous social media accounts that young people join for weight loss advice.
- These are being primarily facilitated through Twitter, TikTok and Instagram.
- Children battling eating disorders are being preyed upon by strangers trying to insult them to lose weight.
- Styling themselves as “coaches” these people offer sessions to young people on decreasing their food intake, using a controversial technique called “meanspo”- being mean to inspire.
- For more on this story, please visit the Mirror website.
New campaign against bullying launches in Scotland’s schools
- The most recent research from RespectMe shows that a third of children in Scotland have been bullied at school.
- RespectMe have created a new two-year campaign against bullying in Scotland.
- The campaign will travel across the country to hold workshops and projects to tackle the issue.
- These will include a series of youth-led ideas for classrooms, sports groups and clubs.
- For more on this story, please visit the STV News website.
School staff to be trained in eating disorder and self-harm awareness
- School staff in Glasgow are going to be trained in eating disorders and self-harm awareness to help children struggling with their mental health.
- All pastoral care teachers are to be trained in eating disorder awareness by June 2023.
- This training will include how to spot the signs of an eating disorder condition and how to help a young person get support.
- For more on this story, please visit the Yahoo News website.