BeReal is adding a messaging feature called RealChat
- BeReal is beginning testing on a chat feature among users in Ireland.
- Users will be able to message one on one with friends, send them a private BeReal and react with RealMojis.
- BeReal users will only be able to message each other if they’re already friends on the platform.
- The feature will have blocking and reporting mechanisms included.
- For the full story, go to the Tech Crunch website.
Eating disorder group pulls chatbot sharing diet advice
- The CEO of the National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA), Liz Thompson has reported that it has taken down its chatbot ‘Tessa’.
- This is following reports of the bot providing off-script language.
- She stated that the language that was shared about weight loss and dieting is against NEDA’s philosophies and policies and was not included in the original programming.
- In recent weeks, some social media users posted screenshots of their encounter with the chatbot, sharing that the bot advised them to engage in restrictive eating and dieting behaviours.
- The chatbot initially replaced helpline staff, of which many felt could not offer the same support.
- For more, please visit the BBC News website.
Powerful artificial-intelligence ban possible, government adviser warns
- A member of the government’s AI council has warned that some powerful artificial general intelligence (AGI) systems may have to be banned.
- He stated that AGI needed stronger transparency and audit requirements, including more inbuilt safety technology.
- He also raised that in the next six months to a year, sensible decisions on AGI would need to be made.
- For more on this, go to the BBC website.